|Junior tournament in Sydney|
- Two clubs have asked to join the top clubs project: Marina Citerior SC from Spain (confirm) and Lincoln Flickers from England (waiting for details);
- The Greek club of Panorama 1978 SC Thessaloniki has hosted a very first WASPA tournament;
- Malta is back in action. The first two events of the season on the island have been held in two different places by two different clubs (Bormla and Attard);
- Last week-end we reached the number of 1500 regional tournaments since the launch of the circuit back in April 2011;
- WASPA events have been held during FISTF tournaments in Harrow (England), Glasgow (Scotland) and Bormla (Malta), proving the good work together between WASPA and FISTF is a reality;
- Our top club of Grand Rapids TSC in Michigan has organized a first tournament this season;
- The club of Northern Falcons in Sydney held a tournament only for juniors, which is fantastic;
- The tournament in Javea (Spain) on February 24 had only 7 players taking part but 4 different nationalities were represented;
- the Greek event in Kallithea had the best turnout of the month with 20 entries.
|Players in Lincoln, England|
We have 1559 players from 46 nations in the ranking (unfortunately we lost Malaysia). Geoffrey Marain (Belgium) is still the leader of the individual ranking while Benny Ng (Australia) is the leader of the season ranking. Greece is now in fourth position in the ranking of nations. The Flaming Flickers SC (Greece) are the leaders in the ranking of top clubs.
Maybe some results didn't arrive in due time and will be added next month.
|A new club in Greece|
Well, you will find the details about the circuit in the attached files:
- the season results (PDF);
- the rankings and statistics (Excel).
Well, that's all for now. Please remember you only need 3 players to register your tournament. Don't be scared to join. It's free and tournament requests can be sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
|Players in Malta|
Please invite your friends to join our Facebook group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/waspasubbuteo/
We also have a WASPA page here: https://www.facebook.com/WASPA-World-Amateur-Subbuteo-Players-Association-231789816834700/
Keep in mind WASPA is also looking for partners. If you know any company ready to support us (we don’t ask for money but we want some win-win agreements so that we can promote each other), don't hesitate to contact me at email@example.com
Ideas to develop the WASPA circuit, to get new clubs/nations involved or to make things more attractive are always welcome. We stay at your disposal for more info.