Thursday 29 February 2024

King Kev is the Centre of Excellence

English Cup runner-up Aaron Skinner and champion Kevin Cordell

Two tournament wins in two weeks for the King, Kevin Cordell, this time it was victory in The England Nations Cup, played at the English Subbuteo Associations, Centre of Excellence. 24 players entered the competition on Saturday 24th of February 2024 with a host of current England Internationals taking part.

Kevin Cordell's reaction: "What a day and what a tough group I had! During today I played top players throughout all my matches with group wins over Miguel Pereira (2-0) and Justin Scott (2-1) and also a draw against Rudi Peters (1-1) meaning I topped my group with 7 points and a +3 goal difference 😁. This led to me playing another good player in the barrage with a 2-1 win over Sam Curtis in golden goal although we played really well and it could’ve gone either way.

Next up in the quarters, a player I’ve never played before in Ian Aggett. In this one I came out with a comfortable 5-2 win. Semis against Alan Lee was a very high tense quality game with it finishing 2-2 AET and I won 4-2 on shots. Final against Aaron Skinner was another cracking game with lots of chances at both ends but in the end I completed a fantastic day with great performances in all games.

Thanks to Alan and everyone who helped out today me and Jamie really enjoyed it all and great to see everybody. Roll on Mons, Belgium next week along with Wobblies."

Original story: https://www.englishsubbuteoassociation.com/post/king-kev-is-the-centre-of-excellence   

No comments:

Post a Comment